"FEMA food kits may contain tainted peanut butter"
What is with fema? Can they do anything right?
First Katrina, now this?
Last month the FDA recalled the food and they couldn't find it before they gave it to people without electricity and food?
That is not cool!!!
I hope the camps have better food than that!!!
Look up HR 645
New legislation to build camps in each FEMA areas for times of emergency
and to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.
(b) Minimum Requirements- A site designated as a national emergency center shall be--
(1) capable of meeting for an extended period of time the housing, health, transportation, education, public works, humanitarian and other transition needs of a large number of individuals affected by an emergency or major disaster;
(2) environmentally safe and shall not pose a health risk to individuals who may use the center;
(3) capable of being scaled up or down to accommodate major disaster preparedness and response drills, operations, and procedures;
There is authorized to be appropriated $180,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2009 and 2010 to carry out this Act. Such funds shall remain available until expended.
6) required to consist of a complete operations command center, including 2 state-of-the art command and control centers that will comprise a 24/7 operations watch center as follows:
(A) one of the command and control centers shall be in full ready mode; and
(B) the other shall be used daily for training; and
(7) easily accessible at all times and be able to facilitate handicapped and medical facilities, including during an emergency or major disaster.
all bases requirements
(A) Is located in close proximity to a transportation corridor.
(B) Is located in a State with a high level or threat of disaster related activities.
(C) Is located near a major metropolitan center.
After how well they have done so far, I don't think I want to go to a camp if they are going to give me food tainted with salmonella.
I will save myself, thank you very much.